- Meet Dr. James McIlwain
- Meet Dr. Leigh Ann McIlwain
- Meet Dr. Michael McIlwain
- Meet Dr. Michael Chiaramonte
- Meet Dr. Robert Hart
- Meet Dr. Hector Vila Jr.
- Meet Dr. Matthew Ahrens
- Meet Dr. Rebecca Warnken
Dr. Leigh Ann McIlwain
Dr. Leigh Ann McIlwain has been working with her father since 1978. In those early years she assisted him at chair side, earning allowance during school holidays and vacations. That experience led her naturally to pursue pediatric dentistry as a profession.
Dr. McIlwain received her doctorate from Tufts University, College of Dentistry. During dental school, she worked at Harvard Children’s Hospital in the pediatric dental clinic, assisting in clinical and surgical cases. She then completed her pediatric specialty training at the University of Florida, College of Dentistry. She is board certified with the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry. She is a mother of three wonderful children and her love and experience with children make her a strong advocate for children’s issues. Dr. McIlwain is on staff at Tampa Children’s Hospital at St. Joseph’s, and All Children’s Hospital in St. Petersburg, Florida.
She is a Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry, first female president of the Florida Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, and the past Membership Council Chairman for the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry. She also holds membership in the American Dental Association, Florida Dental Association, the West Coast Dental Association, and the Hillsborough County Dental Association. She is the Immediate Past President of the Southeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES
- Chairman, Programs Committee of The Southeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- Past President, The Southeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- First female president, The Florida Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Past Membership Council Chairman, The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Pediatric Dentistry
- General Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentistry
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Doctor of Dental Surgery – Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
- Clinical and surgical assistance – Pediatric dental clinic, Harvard Children’s Hospital
- Pediatric specialty training – University of Florida College of Dentistry, Gainesville