- Meet Dr. James McIlwain
- Meet Dr. Leigh Ann McIlwain
- Meet Dr. Michael McIlwain
- Meet Dr. Michael Chiaramonte
- Meet Dr. Robert Hart
- Meet Dr. Hector Vila Jr.
- Meet Dr. Matthew Ahrens
Dr. Hector Vila Jr.
Dr. Hector Vila is nationally renowned for his work to improve the quality of care in ambulatory and office based anesthesia. He served as chair of the South Carolina Medical Association Taskforce for Office Surgery Guidelines. He is lead author of the study, “A Comparative Outcomes Analysis of Procedures Performed in Physician Offices and Ambulatory Surgery Centers”. Abstracts of this study received international awards and attracted national media attention. He was quoted in US News and World Report, CNN, Good Morning America, and numerous other media. He is considered as an expert in the area of patient safety. Dr. Vila has been voted to the Best Doctors in America list every year since 2005.(For more info, please visit: www.pediatricsedation.com).
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES
- Board of Director, American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Chairman – South Carolina Medical Association Taskforce for Office Surgery Guidelines
- Pediatric Dentistry
- General Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentistry
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Doctor of Medicine – Louisiana State University School of Medicine
- Residency in Anesthesia – University of South Florida
- Advanced training in Pediatric Anesthesia – University of South Florida