- Meet Dr. James McIlwain
- Meet Dr. Leigh Ann McIlwain
- Meet Dr. Michael McIlwain
- Meet Dr. Michael Chiaramonte
- Meet Dr. Hector Vila Jr.
- Meet Dr. Robert Hart
- Meet Dr. Matthew Ahrens
- Meet Dr. Rebecca Warnken
Dr. James McIlwain
A Florida native, Dr. James McIlwain received his pediatric dental training at Emory University in Atlanta. Following dental school, he served in multiple Air Force assignments for the next eleven years. Teaching and education have always been a high priority, serving on the faculty at universities in Texas and Florida.
Dr. McIlwain is an active member of the Episcopal church and has donated his talents with those less fortunate. For over 20 years he has been ministering to the children in the Dominican Republic, collecting medical supplies, clothing and toys year round. Additionally, he has made trips to the island as a team leader in charge of providing medical and dental care for the children there.
He has practiced in Tampa for more than 35 years, but never lost the quest for new advancements in patient treatment. Individual attention and comprehensive care for each child are foremost priorities in his routine of treatment.
Dr. McIlwain is Board Certified by the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry and the American Orthodontic Society. He is past president of the Southeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry, the American Orthodontic Society, and serves on state, regional, and national organizations.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES
- Past president, The Southeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- Past president, The American Orthodontic Society
- Founder and Director, Jesse’s Children Ministry to the Dominican Republic
- Past Member, The Standing Committee, Episcopal Diocese of Southwest Florida
- Pediatric Dentistry
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- DDS – Emory University, Atlanta
- MSD – Emory University, Atlanta